FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: Where's a good place to discuss Flybe IDB?
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:35 am
sigma421

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Vague connection with BD because the 'old' route for the trips below was BD EMA-CDG...

Briefly my parent's were travelling Flybe and asked for passenger assistance. The BE agent at CDG checked them a couple of hours before the flight and told them to go to a particular (landside) location, where assistance would come and find them.

But assistance never came, despite various queries as to when someone would be along. When someone finally appeared it was too late, bags offloaded, etc.

After some wrangling as to who was at fault my parents were accommodated at a (nice) airport hotel for the day, and put on an evening BE flight.

AIUI hotel day-stay would not be requirement, so what I'm trying to discover is whether accepting the hotel would be construed as full compensation. Maybe they signed a waiver of some kind? It was a pretty fraught time for them so not entirely clear what happened from their accounts.

So where is a good place to get clarity on this before expending more time and effort on something that it might be best to just put behind us?

TIA, very.
First of all you have my sympathy. Passenger assistance at Charles de Gaulle is grim and the last time I was there it was only my repeated remonstrating with the staff (in French) that got my mum on the plane, had I not repeatedly pestered the staff (or not spoken French) I'd probably still be sitting there.

Maybe try the UK and Ireland forum? Alternatively you might want to give the compensation thread on the BA board a go. Not strictly on topic but those guys really know their stuff.

Very best of luck!