FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Snafu
Thread: UA Snafu
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2013, 6:39 pm
Baley

Programs: AC E50, UA 1K 108,678 miles 2014
Originally Posted by rankourabu
because UA has what, two flights a day from SIN? Leaving in the morning.
Its an SQ hub - of course they will have agents available!

Do you expect AC agents to be hanging out 24/7 in lets say SYD where they have one flight a day?

Wait, so you requested SQ, and had a choice of taking SQ, but it was unacceptable to you because of scheduling, so what were they supposed to do? Charter an SQ plane to make sure you get there in the time needed?
Listen, my beef is they waited for 4 connecting passengers from EWR and misplaced many passengers to other connecting flights. Besides the guy traveling to SYD there were two others traveling to Japan and countless others. Waiting for four passengers screwed the rest of us.

No, I don't expect UA to have agents hanging out 24/7 but would think they would have someone to meet disconnected passengers upon arrival. But I guess, following your logic perhaps a sign on a post as you enter the terminal to call UA on skype and rebook your own flights resembles sufficient service.

Yes, I didn't opt for the SQ routing as arriving home a day later and scheduling IS important to me. I haven't got a day or so to dicker around in an airport.
I guess it all depends on experience with the airline in question. Mine hasn't been positive. I and about a dozen others from various flights missed a connection to hong kong from ORD by about 20 minutes last year. It was solely a UA flight and no one was waiting for me! But in this case they decided to wait for 4 passengers and misplaced many more. And incidentally, at least 2 of the passengers walked right past me in Y so they certainly weren't all J passengers.

I feel the situation could have been handled better.