FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Legacy UAL Crew Stopped a Defection to Delta
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:02 pm
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Slouchman
For the first time in a year, I flew legacy UAL from ID to DOH. Not one problem, orderly zone boarding both in IAD and DXB, friendly attentive cabin staff, proper and timely cockpit announcements, Channel 9 turned on, seatbelt sign attended to, Business Class food properly plated and served hot. This was my last effort before defecting to Delta after a year of abuse from EWR based x-Continental flights to and from Europe. Compared to my Caribbean flight to Antigua last week, a marked improvement. Sorry, Continental just sucks all around from surly gate agents to indifferent cabin staff. Seems x-UAL staff have just finally decided to save the airline from their own management. Props here. I'll be staying with legacy UAL flights and crew, scrupulously avoiding X-Continental routes. Nice job.
Not again. "All UA crews good, all CO crews bad. Me no fly CO routes." I've had fine CO crews, and some bad UA crews. There's both at each. As for routes, you'll find UA crews on some ex-CO routes and vice-versa.