FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Elites in US Hubs - What to do??? Who wants our business???
Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:24 am
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA Elites in US Hubs - What to do??? Who wants our business???

I wonder if others are starting to plan/worry about what happens when US leaves *A.

UA seems to depend too heavily on US at US hubs - especially CLT, it seems. In PHX, UA's schedule, even to/from ORD, is terrible (timing seems to be designed for connections rather than O&D) and one has to resort to US sometimes. US seems to have more frequencies and capacity on many US-UA hub-to-hub flights.

It seems both AA/US and UA should make an effort to get/keep these elites. To me, step one for UA is to beef up the schedule. UA just seems to be in a shrinking cycle and can't keep its schedule straight. The ORD-PHX 5 PM flight, for example, operates occasionally. Flight before is about Noon and after is about 9 PM.

Being close to 1 MM, I don't want to give up on UA. E+ is certainly better than the US seats and UA is a lot better in irregular operations than US. Howeer, it is becoming increasingly difficult to stick with UA for network, schedule and pricing reasons. For now, at least I can get UA miles but the days are numbered.

It seems jumping ship (at least split our flying like we do now but can't credit to MileagePlus) is inevitable for many of us. Just want to see what others have thought about and if there is any way to get UA's attention to make some efforts...

Thanks.