FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Final "M" in my name omitted from reservation
Old Apr 28, 2013, 5:44 am
ACYYZ/SD

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by uwr
I bought tickets for four people SEA-YVR-YUL-YQB on AC, returning YUL-ORD-SEA on UA. Flights are in June. Presumably because of the complexity of the multi-city itinerary on more than one airline, the fare was $200 per person less on Orbitz than on the AC or UA websites, so (against my better judgment) I bought on Orbitz and saved $800 in total.

Because AC does not allow online seat reservations for tickets booked via a travel agent (or even on a partner airline's website), I had to call to reserve the four seats together.

After I reserved the seats, I received a confirmation email from AC with the last letter ("M") omitted from my first name. However, the original email from Orbitz showed the correct spelling of my name.

I called AC again, and I was told that their system thought that the "M" was a title ("Monsieur"). AC says that it is the fault of the Orbitz computer and that I have to call Orbitz within 72 hours of my flight to correct the error. Supposedly, AC can't make the correction greater than 72 hours before the flight.

Although I am *G, I have no status on AC, and it takes a long time to get through, so I didn't call them back to get another opinion. I called Orbitz to inquire, but I was on hold for more than 50 minutes, and I had to hang up.

Any advice? Has anyone here run into this problem before?

(I have learned my lesson and in the future will not book AC flights with Orbitz. Their customer service is not good, and their computer system doesn't seem to communicate appropriately with AC's.)
Call AC Res, and even if there´s some glitch that phyisically cannot be changed because of the ORBITZ booking, they will make a notation on your file.