FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]
Old Apr 26, 2013, 4:36 pm
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by craz
So if you want to blame Smisek and that hes up to no good, Did UA just outbid US for AA?

As I said last post on the previous pg (for the reg post counters)AA availabilty is Worse then UAs! Yet last i knew Smisek isnt running AA.

So lets bash him when he deserves to be, this time he doesnt unless he and AA were in on the fix together. Paging Glen Beck , Paging Glen Beck
I'm not sure how accurate your conclusions are.

The focus of my question here is Japan to SFO.

I took a deep dive into NRT-SFO using EF.

To be fair, I went back to EF and took a closer look at AA and their saver/upgrade availability.

This is the apples to apples comparison.

What I found is that AA has plenty of Z inventory from NRT to LAX on the same dates when UA has no saver inventory, F or J. Z on AA is "saver first class" category.

I also found lots of C on AA, which is their equivalent to R.

I had to look at NRT LAX b/c AA doesn't fly NRT SFO.

I see no U on AA, which is equivalent to I (saver biz). But, I'd have no trouble at all getting from NRT to LAX in saver F on AA for various days in July and this is much, much, much different from UA, where there is no saver anything, anywhere, on any day.

Not the same.