FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA cuts back Economy int'l baggage allowance [ends 07JAN15]
Old Apr 25, 2013, 7:25 pm
BalbC

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by armagebedar
I didn't even get an email Not only that, but for all classes the total dimensions of each piece cannot exceed 158 cm (62 in), down from 208 cm (81 in).

They claim it's to harmonize with their JV partners (LH/UA). I hardly carry enough luggage for it to be an issue, but it's still a devaluation!
Also, *G will no longer get the piece weight upped to 32kg when flying in Y, so even bigger downgrade for that from 3 x 32kg to 2 x 23kg. https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/as...p_baggage.html. I make it ¥18,000 in excess baggage fees to restore the allowance to previous levels. Especially bad as the elite info packs only sent out a couple of months ago made no mention of this change, it's pretty short notice.

Only seems to apply from flights ticketed after 31/5

Originally Posted by aresef
...They are also running a campaign where if you check in online for a flight from 6/1 to the end of September, you get that second bag free. So I guess that kind of eases the burden a bit if, like me, you're planning on going this summer.
The campaign doesn't apply if you have a non-ANA connecting flight as you would have to check-in at a non-ANA desk.
You can use this campaign also if you can't check-in online - like if you have an infant or wheelchair on the booking - if you ask at the airport.

Last edited by BalbC; Apr 25, 2013 at 7:54 pm