FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Food Service in Coach (It Would be Nice if They Announced the Menu Before Service)
Old Apr 25, 2013, 3:57 pm
feobrien

Programs: UA -GS 4.5 MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Diamond
Food Service in Coach (It Would be Nice if They Announced the Menu Before Service)

I know this is an old topic.

We should have no expectations of good food on a flight and of course on domestic flights we no longer expect a meal service, unless UA chooses to sell you some food.

On international flights however, meals are still served in coach. However what drives me crazy is you get three words from the flight attendants when serving food - "chicken or beef". They typically have no idea what else it is served with (rice, potato). Now I know it's not good food, but they could at least try to provide a service. On my recent flight from Frankfurt, I ordered the "beef", opened it to find it was beef lasagna. Oh well, it did include beef. Would it really be too much of an effort for one flight attendant to actually read what the menu and announce it over the PA system just before the service starts? Is this really too much to ask or another one of those over-entitlements???

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 25, 2013 at 4:24 pm Reason: vague thread title