FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - check in at BRU
Thread: check in at BRU
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2013, 3:28 pm
BigBossman

Programs: UA1K .455 MM, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Resurrecting an old yet relevant (again) thread-

Coming back from the Tour de France on Monday, July 22nd, leaving from BRU. United 951 at 12 noon. I'll be in (paid) coach, my son on an award ticket in either C or F, don't recall which. Either way he gets a fast pass through security. Is that fast pass good only for him or can I tag along as well? I suspect the strict answer is no but it might generally be fine, but unless it's a definite yes, I won't try.

And then need to figure out how early to get to the airport. Would arriving at the airport at 9:51am for a Noon flight work? I generally try to get to the airport 2.5 hours ahead for international flights, but would much rather take the 8:01 train than either the 6:25 or 7:25.

Last time (2010) we took a late train out from Paris on Sunday night and stayed at the Ibis across from the main station. Worked great; some had suggested it was a questionable area but we had no issues. This time that doesn't work; we need to leave Paris Monday morning.
The fastpass lane has had a gate and bar code reader for you BP, but nobody watches it, so don't see why you couldn't slip through with your son if his BP is read correctly. note: I haven't been through BRU in almost 9 months, so things could change.