FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vanilla reload broken PIN scam reports
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:01 am
DCBob

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by GatorBlues
By the way, avoid the CVS on Altanta Road/Bolton Road (inside the perimeter not far after Atlanta Road changes names to Bolton heading south). I've gotten 6 bad VRs there and only 2 good ones. I had stopped going there, but passing it on my way back from Nuevo Laredo yesterday (best Mexican restaurant in Atlanta, by the way), I decided to drop in and grab a couple. It was a mistake, obviously, because now I'm tied up with the paperwork to get my money back.
I am amazed that this hasn't been stopped in Atlanta yet. Why don't they put the VR cards BEHIND the counter (like some stores do in other cities) OR have a CCTV camera trained on the GC rack? You would think the police or Incomm would want to stop this scam. I am starting to think this is an inside job with an Incomm employee or CVS delivery truck driver.

Originally Posted by jibi
I received my new PIN today, a day after I opened the incident with Incomm. I was informed today that they have identified the fraudster and have a warrant for his/her arrest. Assuming this is not a ring of people, which is often the case, the race for loading the funds to your BB (or other VR card) should become a non-issue.
I sure hope this is true and we read about it in the press. What's to stop copycats though?