FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL DTW-AMS-DTW (Reconfigured A333) in J
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:24 pm
JGfromOC

Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold
Originally Posted by playbbg
Sorry to rain on the parade and this it to no fault of the OP (good for him for taking advantage), but isn't it a bit unsettling that the child of a DL employee gets upfront for free, but someone who purchases thousands of dollars from the company can only get up front if they purchase a much higher fare class?

Am I missing something?
Yeah you are. OP is a full-time student, still on parent's dime and his dad is apparently a somebody at DL. So if his dad's benefits afford his family this luxury, why should we come down on OP for this. Every company has employee perks. Doesn't bother me in the slightest that OP got an awesome hook-up to fly a really nice, new product. If anything I appreciate the thorough pic TR and it inspires me to pay my own way to check this out.

It isn't about what other have and how much they pay for it. It is about how hard I work and what I can spend my money on.

Would you knock me because I scored an awesome discounted biz fare and now there will be people on my flight to Europe come June who paid 4 or 5 times what I paid for the same service? I see no difference. Once OP is 24, the free flights stop. I think it is awesome he isn't being like other college kids rushing to south Florida to be stupid on Spring Break, but rather adventuring and learning how to be an independent, well-traveled young person.