FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:55 pm
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by craz
Its just the way PMCO did things rather then how PMUA did them.

The New UA (like the old PMCO) wants people to buy the premium seats or use Miles and co-pays, and only as it gets very close to the departure date when it looks to the rev dept as if they wont sell them will they open them up for award tkts.There are probably some markets where they know seats wont be sold so then they will open them up earlier
I started a new thread but my post was moved to this thread.

A key distinction is that I am seeing reductions in all Saver inventory, both close in and far out. I'm simply seeing much less Saver inventory the past few months than I ever saw before, regardless of time horizon.

I don't fully understand your comment about miles and co-pay. Doesn't that strategy require R space, which they've also drastically curtailed?

We all know that they don't fill the premium cabins with paying passengers.

It seems like the only remaining path to sit in a premium cabin, short of shelling out an obscene amount of cash, is to be selected by $mi$ek's SHARES algorithm for an HOD offer.