FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lack of ua mainline flights; Does united have more regional jets than other carriers?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:52 am
mtkeller

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by halls120
Turns out DL and UA are both "RJ airlines."

AA - 609 mainline, 244 American Eagle
DL - 714 mainline, 568 regionals
UA - 708 mainline, 552 regionals
It's worth noting that DL has a policy of not flying 50-seat RJs on flights over 750 miles in length. I think they make a couple of exceptions for locations that otherwise would not have service as they cannot support anything larger, but it's a pretty solid rule. They're also acquiring the FL 717s and will reduce their RJ flying as part of that acquisition.

Originally Posted by bob_the_d
hahaha i've never heard the CR's referred to it like that... but it seems pretty apt.

the CR2's are pretty awful. in my book it's pretty tied with the E145. i think the CR2 might be more uncomfortable, but personally on the routes i fly i just happen to encounter the E145 far more often so i hate it more...
I find the E145 more comfortable in terms of seating if you get a single seat, but my experience on them on UA has shown them to be in horrible shape and rather unstable in the air compared to a Canadian Torture Tube™. I think I'll take a CRJ-100/200 over an E145. (Now if we start talking two-cabin E170/175 vs. CRJ-700/900, give me the Embraer every day.)