FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gritti Palace, Venice, Italy (Post 2013 renovation) [Master Thread]
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:06 pm
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by smokie
Several SPG Platinum Concierges haven't known if the breakfast is free for Plats or not. I would move my C+P reservation from the Danieli if it was...?

Anyone?

Thanks in advance!
It just re-opened so it's not unusual that there aren't a lot of reports yet regarding the new platinum benefits. Platinums get at least a continental breakfast as one of the amenity options so yes, breakfast will be free for a Platinum member that chooses that for their amenity. In all the european properties I've been to they will give you the full buffet and not merely a continental. So it's my guess that you would get the full buffet breakfast, but at a minimum you would get a continental breakfast.

That said, the Danieli breakfast is amazing and it's hard to imagine the breakfast at Gritti Palace being much better if breakfast is one of your main concerns, but all the European hotels we stayed at had fabulous breakfasts so I would just pick which hotel you want to stay at, and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the breakfast.

Last edited by spgplat21; Apr 22, 2013 at 11:14 pm