FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LCY Security
Thread: LCY Security
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:48 pm
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WHBM
Regarding the actual arrangements, back in the days when Dermot Desmond owned the airport (1995-2006) the management, and indeed the owner, took a direct interest in the quality and standards of the security controls, along with much else. Since sale to GIP for, to be honest, far too much money, the only concern now is ROI on that "far too much".
They are however signing their own death warrant.

Once Cross Rail comes on stream LHR will be only 35 minutes from the Wharf for a proper airport experience. 9 times out of 10 I actively prefer T5 security to that at LCY because T5 rarely seem to make things up as they go along and normaly work pretty well. I have found the T5 security staff far friendlier than those at LCY for a good couple of years now.

If LCY cannot fulfil a niche as a small airport with rapid entry to boarding gates and exit upon arrival it won't have a very long life.

I live in the Wharf and often choose to travel from LHR for a better overall experience and decent overhead space. Once Crossrail comes online that choice is a no brainer.