FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice from someone who has rented in LV
Old Apr 21, 2013, 8:01 pm
trajanc

Need advice from someone who has rented in LV

We just got here today. Had a res for a full size. Long wait in line. Then after a pretty aggressive attempt to sell me insurance the agent asked how many people in our party. Instantly alarm bells went off in my head. I told him I'd be driving around 5 people. He then tried to sell me on accepting a VW Jetta. I said no way. After some back and forth he offered a Malibu. He claimed there other full sizes would be no different, pointing to a Hyundai Sonata on his collage of available cars.

Side note after this I headed to the designated spot and found myself and another guy had each been given the same spot #. We go back to the office and describe the problem and a staffer tells us to flip a coin. Neither one of us laughs. They say they will take care of him and he tells me go ahead because I have a kid with me. Budget area has very few cars in it.

Question is what is a full size supposed to be at Budget? I was under the impression that a Malibu was a standard? And what kind of options do I have to get a new car if I go back? This car is proving to be quite cramped for us. I had a similar experience with Thrifty once and I went back and they offered me my choice of any car.