FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Dahl Fund--$6K goal met; 2 donors won a ride on a Stinston Tri-Motor
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:11 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This year, there will also be a number of events, as can be seen here, during June 1 - 2 weekend.
● The Fly-In, with many flying in their own homebuilt, experimental, vintage commercial and military aircraft.

● A Hangar Dance! 1940s Swing Era, 14 piece band, in the hangar on Saturday night.

● Pancake Breakfast, and Lunch.

● Aircraft and Helicopter Rides!

● Vendors of aviation-related and other products, foodstuffs, etc.

● The Golden Wings Museum will, of course, be open.
If FTers wish it, we could do a FT Vintage Aviation DO.

Thanks for posting about the 2012 Discover Aviation Days and your winning ride, Ace.

Originally Posted by AceAirspeed
I was lucky enough to be one of the winners last spring. As a private pilot myself, it really felt great to make a small contribution that helps aspiring young pilots. Oh and the Stinson airplane ride was awesome, too.

But that's not all. We also got a private tour of the Golden Wings Museum, where Greg Herrick has assembled a collection of nearly 30 perfectly restored historic aircraft, all with their own amazing history and story. He spent a couple of hours telling us about each one and letting us sit at the controls. Sitting at the controls of an airplane piloted by Charles Lindbergh was pretty special. This really was a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I would encourage anyone with an interest in aviation and airplanes to join in to support the cause.

This year, I'm going after the UA Sim ride, so I'm going to head down to the Birding Festival on May 11 and try to win that.

Happy flying!
Ace