FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to TLV or Eilat via Eastern Europe or Turkey?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:43 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by TWA44
Hello again,

Having decided to not do this trip with miles/points, and not to consider a charter between IST and TLV, I have been playing around with the ITA search engine, and found flights on Turkish Airlines as follows:

JFK to IST on August 22
IST to TLV on Sept. 1
TLV to PDX on Sept. 15

at a cost of $1183. The times are very good and the first two are nonstop; the last stops once. For another hundred bucks we could go on days that meet our needs better. We'd do the PDX-NY-PDX piece using the US Airways companion pass that came with the US Airways CC, paying for one ticket and getting the second for $99. That will add another $325 or $330 to the fare, unless I can find something cheaper (haven't looked yet). It also offers the possibility of a stop in NYC.

Considering that we are flying at peak time (summer plus Jewish holidays) is a fare of @$1500 that bad to go PDX-NYC-IST-TLV-NYC-PDX ??

Also, what is the best way to book a paid ticket on Turkish Airways?

Thanks much!

BTW - I did check Aqaba and it was a lot more expensive.
I personally wouldnt do a US tkt PDX-XYZ-PDX and a 2nd tkt for the intl portion. Unless you do a overnight @ XYZ on each end. If for any reason you get delayed and miss the Outbound of the 2nd tkt (Intl) you are SOL

In addition you will be hit hard for bag fees all around. Id look at purchasing the whole Itin on 1 tkt as an ins policy.