FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Club Europe to Geneva
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2013, 1:37 pm
stu1985

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
GVA-LHR, BA735, G-EUPK

The lounge at GVA was mobbed. I was lucky to find a seat. The earlier LHR flight was delayed over an hour so that mob were still in the lounge. Food offering - not much to write home about but there was a decent Bordeaux which kept me entertained for 90 minutes.

I was sitting at the wrong side of the plane to get a decent view of the mountains on take off, but did mange to get some nice enough shots once we got above the clouds.

I loved sitting next to the engine as got a great reflection of the plane...

Got given the hot rag and then the meal service started. Again, it was a nice salad with a great chilli dressing. Two bread runs done as well as more than two drinks runs. Baileys - again, got two - "But Sir, it's have one, get two" - oh well, who am I to say no?!

The two crew serving CE on this flight (there were 28 of us in the cabin) were amazing. Probably the best crew I have come across so far on BA and are a true credit to the organisation. Addressed by name at the door and on every other occasion I was asked anything - whether I'd be having dinner, what I'd like to drink, would I like more bread, would I like another drink - name used each time. Really impressive and the two of them were friendly and genuinely seemed interested in the passengers. If all crew were like that, I would fly CE all the time!

BA1318, LHR-ABZ, G-EUXF

Slight delay coming into Heathrow which meant that I had to sprint to get the ABZ flight. I really don't remember much about it. I had a nice Tempranillo and then dropped off. I woke up as we thudded onto the runway at Aberdeen and nearly sh!t myself much to the amusement of the cabin crew guy sitting opposite me (I managed to bag that seat at the emergency exit with nothing in front of it!).

To be continued.......in a few weeks......