FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]
Old Apr 18, 2013, 8:45 pm
psychoidiot

For ORD- CAN (1st week of August before August 12th, returning in October sometime), I was checking for Star Alliance flights using the UA system (yes, I probably should use ANA but I don't have miles in my account) and one leg always requires a UA flight. When I call in they always quote me UA flights start itineraries, how do I get star alliance partners only? It used to be if I called in and asked if they could find a ANA flight or OZ flight only, they could do so, but now none of the options available do that. Not sure how people using their UA miles (I don't have status).

I know no airline flies straight there but my mom was hoping for a ORD-ICH-CAN (on OZ) sort of flight and not a ORD-DEN-NRT-CAN (UA-UA-OZ) flight at 65,000 miles in economy. They also only have July 28/30th available for that routing.

Should I wait or what is way to get a itinerary on a star alliance partner? (preferably OZ or ANA but she can route through Beijing on EVA? Air China?)

It is high season though, maybe she should just buy a ticket?