FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access on Germanwings
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:46 pm
berlinflyer83

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Why shouldn't they. And I really appreciate this - I am tired of the abusive strategy of other carriers to give away *G almost for free which leads to lounges crowded by domestic TK and A3 Golds. Other airlines have started this long ago. SQ is the most prominent example. Most passengers on real transfer are not affected since the FRA and MUC routes will still be operated by mainline and US customers will feel pretty much at home since their local Gold status does not give them any benefits at home anyway. So why complain?
How is it abusive? 20,000 is a little low, sure, but that's Star Alliance's job to control it by setting thresholds...or, TBH, I think Star Silver and Star Gold really need to be reworked. Star Silver is absolutely useless, which is why some airlines make Star Gold easier to get... I'd prefer there be 3 tiers.

I'm biased since I've been at oneworld for 10 years, and only *A for 1...but I think oneworld's levels are tuned better. I was hoping BER would open, and AB would get better and I would have maintained my AA PLT, but did not. So when I was searching for a new *A program...well..

M&M sucks in a lot of areas, really just seems to get worse over time with all these "enhancements". Why on earth would I pick it as a new entrant to Star Alliance, especially having had so many crap experiences with Lufthansa in the past?

I'll fly my 100K a year and credit it to A3. It's really obnoxious for all the SEN's who think they're so much better than everyone else and whine and complain about us A3's wandering around. That's how the game works....

It's like if we both owned the same BMW. Sure, yours has seat warmers, and mine doesn't, but I paid 1/5 of what you did. Complain to BMW, not me.