FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proactive apology email and miles from AA re. cancellations on 16 Apr 2013
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:53 pm
KSBA

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, DL SM, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DillMan
CK delayed 6 hours until I just bought my own ticket on DL. No miles or email yet. I wonder if they are doing these in batches (as the first report here is only an hour old) or maybe I fell off their radar by buying my own onward ticket and just noshowing for my original flight.

I'm sure the severe weather in Chicago isn't helping matters today either.
Almost 100% certainty that the sending and receiving of these emails has not yet finished by any means. Mass emailing potentially millions of people is no small task, this is broken up into smaller parts and requires a lot of computing power.

I first overheard an EP in the JFK FL telling his wife how he got 7,500 miles about 5 hours ago. Low and behold my email just arrived.

For what it's worth, I ended up cancelling my ticket yesterday after 4 hours and no end in sight and putting a new itinierary on hold for today. I thought also I may not have qualified for the automated mileage compensation since I ended up cancelling and leaving the airport. It would seem every elite ticketed to fly at some point yesterday, regardless of other factors, received or is going to receive the email.