FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proactive apology email and miles from AA re. cancellations on 16 Apr 2013
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:15 pm
AJLondon
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Proactive apology email and miles from AA re. cancellations on 16 Apr 2013

Just got this in my inbox. Was scheduled to fly AA on DEN-DFW-IAH yesterday, and was finally rebooked on a UA nonstop.

I did not contact AA and the below was unsolicited and proactive from their end.

Originally Posted by email

Our Apologies and 5,000 Miles for Your Patience

We strive every day to get it right. Most days we do, but Tuesday, April 16, was unfortunately not one of those days. American experienced a problem with our network systems that caused many flight delays and cancellations.

First, I want to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this caused you. It's our responsibility to get you to your destination on time, and that didn't happen.

Know that we immediately put all hands on deck to identify and resolve the problem - working to get our systems running smoothly, our flights back on schedule, our customers rebooked and back on their way.

I'm very proud of American's people who once again showed real professionalism in getting our operations back to normal and doing their best by you, our customers, at a difficult time.

In recognition of your loyalty to American and appreciation of your patience and support, as an AAdvantageŽ Platinum member, we will be depositing 5,000 AAdvantage bonus miles* in your account. If you have further questions about how we can help you with rebooking or refunds, please visit www.aa.com.

Thanks for your patience, and as always, thanks for your business.

Thomas W. Horton
Chairman & CEO
AA Mods: please edit/merge if this does not deserve a separate thread. Not too familiar with AA board etiquette. Thanks!