FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The points and miles blog business model
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:51 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Out of the example I gave you - MMS's 10k subscribers - you are the minority. The majority are guys who don't have time or inclination and will use his sign ups. And as I point out he only needs a 20% conversion rate with 3 cards per year and you are doing big dollars.

I'd say there is a 100% chance the guys I mentioned are doing $100k per year, 90% chance they are doing $200k and I'd go all the way to say there is a 10% chance they'd be doing $1m.

You are certainly vastly underestimating how much the big boys are getting.
Ok. But when you said mid-six figures I assumed you meant $500,000...? At $50 a pop, that'd be 10,000 approved cards.

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I do not get the impression there are clear quotas. What happened is a number of smaller blogs that weren't producing sufficient volume - where that volume requirement was not disclosed - got cut off.
Ah. That sort of makes sense. The problem, of course, is that the CC companies want strict confidentiality about affiliate payout amounts as well as quotas....so I guess we will only get solid answers from disgruntled former bloggers. @:-)