FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:40 am
Apieinthesky

Originally Posted by GertieGo
I have the AAdvantage Citi Business card (also the personal Visa, but I'm planing to cancel it in a couple of weeks), which is supposed to provide 1 free checked bag for up to 4 people traveling on my itinerary. Today I booked one-way award tickets for my family of three (my FF account) and the fee for checked bags is listed as $25 for the first bag. Is that normal. At what point do they confirm that the bags are free? Is it when I go to check in the bags? Do I show my card or is it tied to my FF number?

Also, how does the Priority Boarding benefit for the card work? Does the computer automatically assign us priority boarding when we check in?

I think I may have flown AA once, years ago, on a trip booked by my employer, but other than that I have absolutely no experience with this airline.

Thanks!
Assuming you are traveling and on the same PNR, yes, your whole family will get the free checked bag benefit. All the benefits of the card are tied in with your FF number, so as long as that's on the reservation, you're good to go.

Since you haven't flown AA in a while, I'd get my boarding passes before I leave for the airport just to make sure the Group 1 boarding is on it. (Note that Group 1 boarding is not the same as PriorityAAccess)