FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL DTW-AMS-DTW (Reconfigured A333) in J
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:57 pm
sky303

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
DL DTW-AMS-DTW (Reconfigured A333) in J

Introduction

I am a student at the College of William & Mary and my father works for Delta Air Lines. As a full-time student under the age of 24, I am entitled to full pass privileges on Delta. When I found out that the newly reconfigured Ship 3301 (N801NW), would be flying DTW-AMS-DTW on April 17 and 18, and my workload for the time I would miss was minimal, I knew I had to go.

A little more on 3301, the star of this report, she was taken out of the system and flown down to SIN to undergo a major overhaul. This overhaul includes the installation of Weber Cirrus reverse-herringbone lie-flat seats in BusinessElite, B/E Aerospace Pinnacle slimline seats in Economy and Economy Comfort, and the Panasonic eX2 in-flight entertainment system. Satellite-based international WiFi will be installed on the refurbished A330s. However, 3301 is slated to undergo installation later this year. The A330-200s will also receive Bulk Cargo Crew Rest (BCCR) facilities during their refurbishments.

Planning

Now, I had very little time to plan this trip as the first flights 3301 was to fly after returning to the States were only loaded into the system a few days beforehand. When I finally found the flights out, I immediately listed myself for DL234 and DL235, the aircraft’s first revenue intercontinental flights since returning to service (her first revenue flight since being cycled back in was DL117 on April 16 from Atlanta to Detroit).

Clockwise: Bag packed and ready to go; Canon PowerShot G11 for this trip; Alarm set for way too early

MORE TO COME!

Last edited by sky303; Apr 19, 2013 at 3:24 pm