FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please at least consider, dear Delta
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2013, 7:37 am
5khours

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
My Dearest Delta:

First, this is not a Dear John letter that so many profess on this site. In fact, I will achieve FO in May for the first time (yes had a great time in Australia in Jan. '13 - also, thanks for also expediting that little MQM matter with Virgin Au - serious).

Now, with a few 5000+ MQM MR's available for less than $200, I am gunning for Gold! Probably hit around October!

Anyway, here is my wish list. I offer these suggestions because frankly, on a corporate level, you seem cold. You can very cheaply turn up the HEAT!

Let's start with a free travel voucher raffle for those eligible but not getting an upgrade! It's FUN gesture that says, "Hey, we tried to get you upgraded, but to show you we appreciate your business, here is $200 voucher." Maybe not every time, but an occasional dole-out wouldn't hurt. I think you would find that the receivers use it to purchase more expensive tickets!

Next, food please! I understand having to be a lean mean fighting machine but come on! Now there are only 3 of you to get our business! PAMPER ME damn it! Some of your segments are 3 hours long without food service in FC. Ridiculous! We all remember the Seinfeld episode with the Hot Fudge Sundaes!

Last, I hate a la' carte pricing! If I want to hit the dollar menu, I will fly Southwest or, god forbid, Spirit/RyanAir - j/k - NEVER! Wrap it all into one price and give me a good, dare I hope, great product! We don't all want to fly in a snack dispenser where we swipe the card to get a treat!

Please note that I do not want nor expect any compensation for the implementation of these ideas. They are provided as a benefit to all your customers and I encourage you to use them as you see fit.

I remain your,

Butt in seat!
Dear Bradhattan,

Thank you for you suggestions. Frankly, however we quit smoking that stuff in the 70's and we think you should too.

Dick, Jeff and Your Other Friends at Delta.