FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels Property Review Thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:55 am
Wollstonecraft

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Rodeway Inn Metro Airport - DTW

If you or someone you know is scraping the bottom of the barrel (or just catching a really early flight with Park N Fly) this is not as bad as you might think.

Pros - Near the airport. Comfortable bed. You can frequently find this for $35 a night or less.

Cons - Effectively no breakfast. Single-level motor motel style, so lots of walking in front of your door and window.

Checkin - Was actually very friendly. I got the room on a BRG and she was thrilled about it.

Room - As basic as possible. Old and worn furnishings and carpet as you would expect. I didn't really care because the bed was genuinely comfortable and I slept quite well. Under-window HVAC unit was enough to drown out any noise from people walking past.

Breakfast - Basically nonexistent (coffee and random pastries). Whatever was left, random people drove up from elsewhere to pick up, then they quickly ran out.

Area - It is by the airport in an area with lots of hotels. It did not feel particularly dangerous or anything, but there is nothing there except a McDinald's across the street (and a gas station next door if you are returning a rental car.)