FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels Property Review Thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:46 am
Wollstonecraft

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Quality Inn & Suites Banquet Center - Livonia, MI

Eh, I am not a fan. That said, it is regularly the cheapest in the area so I will probably stay here again. It is an older property.

Pros - Good bed, nice staff, frequently $45 AAA rate.
Cons - The property is kind of grim and run-down. If you just stay in the room, it doesn't matter.

Checkin - Friendly staff, I was able to get into my room early, no problems. There is a parrot (several?) in a big cage in the very large lobby, which I found odd.

Room - I was "upgraded" apparently. The room was quite large and had a sofa. I was not too thrilled by the full-length patio doors leading out to a sad and empty courtyard - luckily they were secured with bolts in several spots and the curtains were blackout type. Furniture and carpet were old and worn. The bed was very comfortable, however, and I slept well. The room had clearly been smoked in recently, but this does not bother me too much, so I just told them at the front desk to avoid a charge.

Breakfast - Lots of bacon, thank goodness. I don't eat powdered eggs. There was also yogurt, cereal, pastries and a waffle machine.

Area - Basically strip malls, but there is a bar/restaurant next door (walkable). I can't imagine why anyone would come here unless they had to. With the "Banquet Center" layout, it gets a lot of weddings and whatnot.