FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:36 pm
cricketer

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by craz
Thanks for both the good and bad news. Im 6'2", however the reason I want the large foot well is I usually sleep on my side so the reg wells wont accomadate my feet = no sleeping at all
...I will take the 764 but keep my eyes out for something better
I'm the same height, and same problem with the regular footwells - those seats are worthless to me. I flew the 764 for the first time last month - had never flown on a 764 before, and so deliberately routed IAH-FRA just to try it. I wish I had known beforehand that the seats were shorter than on the 777. I can sleep fine in row 1 or 8 on the 777, but the 764 was a nightmare, and I only figured out after the fact that the reason it seemed so short was because it was so short.

Sleeping on the side was the best option for me - tend to be less fully stretched out that way. Lesson learned for next time though - no more 764's!