FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Convert Skymiles to Singapore, Cathay, or Thai?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:11 pm
jakemalloy

Thanks everyone.

1. On the 3rd party services - I just called Delta today and told them exactly what I wanted - 2 biz class seats on CZ on the dates I needed. 9 min. later they were on hold. Literally one of the easiest calls I made to Delta. FYI, I used a free trial on expert flyer to confirm the availability just in case.

2. Thanks for the input on the flight. I too like the times on the CZ flight, and read a report today with no less than 30 photos on the A380 experience. Looked quite nice. I have never flown biz class internationally, so I cant compare, but it seems plenty good to these two newlyweds!

FYI, My gf had 15K miles three weeks ago and I had 80K. I never knew about the low mileage trick on Delta partners, nor had I any idea about CZ or its A380. Thanks to the friendly folks here at FlyerTalk not only am I WAY more educated, but they literally

1. Helped us get Amex cards and 50K MR points each, a Delta Gold Amex for my fiancee, and I got a Chase Preferred.

I only wish I traveled more. A big THANKS to everyone!