FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Lounge Meet-Up & Guest Offer Thread
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:01 pm
Points Scrounger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I have a question and it's with all due respect to everyone, some of whom I know,

Why would one do this ? If everyone did this everyday the clubs would be packed and frankly I belong because I enjoy the peace and relative quietness of the clubs. Logging an average of 100 to 125K a year I value that peace!

I am sure that everyone has all the right or good intentions here but there is a limit and if I am paying for what I perceive is the value and it's taken away due to this I am against it.
It's very rare that a non-member replies saying, "I'll be there then, thanks for the offer!" Instead, it's basically a way for FT'ers to meet. I would bet a fair sum that the number of "extra non-member" bodies clogging up clubs from this is quite negligible. That includes non-members asking if access might be possible as well.