FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status of United's 787 Fleet
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:31 pm
Bear4Asian

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Hope you all have a nice flight. I still have no interest in traveling in that flying sardine can. The plane is to small, to many seats jammed together (including in C class & there is no F cabin. Not interested in this plane at all However, I'm sure the 787 will be a very safe plane to fly. In fact, probably safer then most other new aircraft as they have had all this extra time to work on & see other potential problems that ALL new aircraft experience (777 w the depressurization problems, 380 w the wing cracks, etc)

This was the most un exciting new plane that I can remember. It's made of plastic, big deal!! Saves fuel? Show me where operators of the 787 are offering refunds on fuel surcharges to passengers taking those flights & ill be excited but what do I care if UA saves a little fuel (they ain't passing the savings in to me)
I was excited to ride on this plane, but then the delays came and kept coming and then the battery fires.

Then it started to fly in the U.S. and everyone, including many frequent fliers on Flyertalk were excited to fly ASAP. Then they actually flew and the reports of cramed seats with narrow seat width in coach as well as business seats in small spaces started to come in.

Bottom line seems to be big overhead bins and cool new ceiling lighting mean very little when one is flying 10-14 hours to Asia.

It's very disappointing.