FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MOTION PASSED: Create a 'Points & Miles Blogs' Forum
Old Apr 9, 2013, 5:08 am
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by sbm12
I think that this double standard is going to create quite a bit of confusion and cause more troubles than the creation of the new forum might create. Either blogs are a business and their operators represent them or they are not a business. But letting the rules define them as sortof a business but not really is, IMO, asking for trouble.

Straddling the fence rarely works well. Pick a side and go with it.
You could say the same of bloggers though. Blog or be on an IBB. Don't try and do both....

I don't feel I am straddling a fence. I see them as two different entities. Just because I set up a blog, post some affiliate links, and populate it with stuff I've read on an IBB, that does not a company make me. It makes me an individual with commercial interests.

And blogspam is an issue on a number of forums, where people try to use FT to push their blogs. It would make things very easy for mods if we had a 'thou shalt not post any links to blogs at all' rule. But since we often do allow that, because we recognise the symbiotic relationship, we should also get the chance to discuss those blogs which attempt to use us.