Old Apr 9, 13, 2:21 am
slippahs
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Max M View Post
Thanks slippahs for the info. I've flown HNL-KOA [and back] so, yes, in most cases, there's no need for the F seat.

However, my fiancee and I will have 2 checked bags each, so for us, the $50 is worth the cost of the upgrade.

Having shelled out for discount F on our KOA-HNL return in 2011, I was exceptionally disappointed that HA didn't enforce the boarding priority for F, and when we boarded, there was no overhead bin space left in F.

So I had to fight the counterflow of traffic to retrieve my bag in the overhead, and being in the bulkhead of F, it was not fun.

Also the only adult beverage available to drink was only one choice.
Couple of observations: First row in F does not have overhead storage because of equipment. So if you are in the bulkheads, you will have to swim upstream. Also, there is no dedicated priority boarding for F passengers. It is F pax, all Pualani elites, and all Premier Club members. Sometimes, it's 1/2 the plane that preboards. Finally, checked bags are $17/piece. So with two, that's $34 for the checked bags, with an cost of $33 for the upgrade per person. I suppose that's not too bad.