FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Allergic reaction at Hyatt House Belmont, CA
Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:44 am
hi2all

Programs: EK Silver, EY Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Allergic reaction at Hyatt House Belmont, CA

I thought I will check with others if someone else had similar experience.

since last 3 years, I have stayed at Hyatt house Belmont for 4+ weeks a year and always had a great experience. Their staff is also great. No complaints.

I stayed there in March 2013 for 2 weeks. After a week, I started getting some sort of allergic reaction when I went to the bed. When I wake up, my eyes will be bright red as if I got the pink eye and would be hard to open due to lots of discharge. Sorry for the gory details.

Once I go to work, I would be normal. It took me a couple of days to figure out that it was related to something in the room/Bed. By then I was a day or two away from checking out so I did not bother complaining.

Since last year or so they have started allowing pets. I do not know whether it was something in the bedsheet or pillow case that caused this reaction. I was perfectly normal for the first half of the stay. So I do not know what caused it. But it was definitely something related to the room. Because I would be fine when I was at work.

I thought I will reach out to folks on this forum to see if someone else had similar issue and if I should take any precautions the next time I stay there.

Thanks!