FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SDC rules change April 16; Increased restrictions incl same fare bucket availability
Old Apr 7, 2013, 7:57 pm
HongKonger
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Musicguy2012
Originally Posted by bdschobel
I certainly agree with this. On a recent flight ATL-LAX, I was something like #19 on an upgrade list numbering 78 people. That's just insane. The 757 holds something like 190 people. And for me to be #19 was pretty surprising, too. My low fare probably explains that.

Bruce
AMEN. As in any business, you treat your high value clients better than low spenders. Basically, if you mileage run to get status, you may have flown around the globe, but if you're not making the airline the same amount as the customer who spends 4x more on regular fare on a regular basis, you shouldn't be getting the same freebies. Just like a "buy 10 get one free", they want a spend, not just a visit to the store.
If that's true then why is DL mistreating me and people like me, who are willing to spend $4-5K on a TPAC when tickets are available for $1-1.3K, by (1) eliminating the MQM bonus on M fares and (2) making it nearly impossible to find advance UG inventory TPAC? Doing this will not get them more paid J, it gets them sLUT fares rather than YBM, plus more non-revs in J. J rarely if ever sells out. Not one person on this board has ever explained how it makes sense to alienate YBM flyers.