FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Apr 7, 2013, 3:35 pm
CFFrost

Originally Posted by Denver Enzo
Here's an oddity from Barclays: As noted previously my wife and I were instantly approved on the same day via the same link for our second US Air cards. (Our firsts are still open).

My interest rate is 15.99%. Hers is 24.99% and includes the explanation that because her Trans Union score was only 694 she was offered "less favorable terms". We'll never pay an penny of interest nonetheless but it is proof that a mid level credit score can still have two Barclays US cards at the same time!
I have an absurdly high interest rate like that on my account, as well. I always pay in full so I never pay attention to interest rates - but it made me take notice because I don't think I've ever seen a rate that high. Made me want to check what the rates on my other cards are, out of curiosity.

While your wife might have received the lower level card, my interest rate is that high and I definitely have the premier world mastercard - so the type of card is not dispositive.

I just assumed I received such a high rate because I had to call recon to get the card approved.