FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SDC rules change April 16; Increased restrictions incl same fare bucket availability
Old Apr 7, 2013, 12:10 pm
bubbashow

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
How about someone making a MR from a small Michigan airport to LAX and back to retain Gold status? ... or a one-day MR to Hawaii?

We would have to assume that these were for fairly low fairs, else the perpetrator would not typify them as MRs.

Would such practices also be subject to your disdain?
Indeed. The entire competitive environment has changed in the past two years, however. What was done a couple of years ago has led (and I am a early guilty participant) to the destruction of the FF program. I am progressive enough to know that times change, situations change, and business changes. There is simply nothing elite about the elite experience at all. As my economic situation changed, my opinion changed.

Whether you agree with me, or not SHIB, my vision is the closest to CURRENT reality. Perhaps we should just save this thread for three years and see how things have shaken out?

I see where you are going with this. There was also a time in my life in college when I thought ramen noodles were a good idea. There was a period when I thought white Levi 501 jeans were a good idea. There was a period when I thought an all-you-can eat Chinese buffet was a good idea. Times change, situations change, people change.

Last edited by bubbashow; Apr 7, 2013 at 12:22 pm