FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A bunch of questions in one post
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2013, 2:32 pm
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FWAAA
It's currently four (LAX, ORD and 2xDFW) but for several years it was five before JFK was cancelled. For a couple of years prior to the cancellation of SJC, it was six daily flights. That's a lot more international F than was ever flown from BOS. I agree that the JAL F lounge covers the need now, but our access to JAL lounges didn't happen until JAL joined Oneworld in April, 2007.

My point was that lack of competition might be the explanation for the DFW Flagship Lounge not reopening after the financial dark days of 2002, but NRT is an example of a station with lots of competition and a bunch of F seats yet never a FL. The good news was that the Admirals Club at NRT has always been pretty nice and since it moved to the JAL terminal, has been a very nice lounge. If AA served curry beef and rice, I wouldn't have to bother the nice ladies at the JAL F lounge desk.
Valid points! Although, in addition to the curry beef, I also appreciate the free massages and the exquisite quality and selection of adult beverages offered at the JL F Lounge!!