FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A bunch of questions in one post
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:58 am
Cathay Boy

A bunch of questions in one post

For the sake of ease I'll combo all my questions in one post, thanks.

This past experience it's very interesting. First, I depart from PHL to DFW as OW Emerald. I thought for sure I can use the First Class side of BA lounge (combo Admiral's Lounge) in Terminal A-East because I'm OW Emerald. The man in there told me no and directed me to the J side. Interesting since I had no problem using the ORD AA Flagship Lounge. So who's right here, him or me?

Second is my experience at DFW. I tried to stand-by for earlier flight, and was told at the gate by an agent that "good luck, the plane is full." No problem, so I asked if First Class is open and I'm very willing to pay for it right then and there. Was told "nope, all seats full." Then I saw they have an "upgrade list" of 7 pax names and "stand by" list of 8 names, I am number 3. Forty minutes later I hear the "upgrade list" names get called up one at a time and 6 of 7 cleared. My question is this: wouldn't AA rather earn more money from me that wants to pay for a F seat rather than give it away for 500 miles? Doesn't bother me as I know as long as they cleared people from Y to F, then they have stand by seat for me, which I did get, but just wondering, isn't this bad business practice?

Finally, DFW is a major AA hub no? How come no Flagship Lounge?