FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MOTION PASSED: Create a 'Points & Miles Blogs' Forum
Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:14 am
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by FlyFasterFlyFarther
There are tons of arguments in this thread about how to theoretically treat a blog, what it means to be a blogger and a member of Flyertalk, who should be open to criticism, what sorts of discussion might ensue, and how folks don't like the way moderation is being done now of existing blog threads.

But when evaluating what is going to be good for Flyertalk, whether or not a forum should be created, it's probably best to actually look at Flyertalk and see how the subject matter is already being discussed. The best predictor of future performance....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20535167-post2292.html

You're either voting for the current amount of complaining ("No") or an increase in the current sorts of discussions (complaining) relative to what is going on now ("Yes").

And TalkBoard members, at root, need to decide whether more is better for the Flyertalk community or not so good for the spirit here. That's what the vote is about, and how each member votes tells us a lot about what they're about as well as what Flyertalk will become.
Originally Posted by travelisfree
Business venture or not, they're just people.

If this was 150+ pages (and ever growing) of actually productive criticism... that would be one thing. But the reality is it's just the same crap. People saying how much they hate TPG, FTG, credit card links, etc...
Sure, I don't want to read about a crappy cash back card but this is just an insane thread. It's already been said. Over and over.

When I was in high school I would argue with my friends intensely about the best band in the world. But you grow up and realize it doesn't actually matter. And you one day realize you're just a nerd arguing with nerds and the argument will never ever matter. When you prove the best band... then what? Nothing.

153 pages of complaining... then what? But maybe most of you are teenagers.

Please, take my advice: Let it go. Hate breads hate. "The fist begets the spear."
You must really hate the Starwood forum then, huh. Just a bunch of cranks talking about the starwood preferred guest program and talking about the hotels, complaining about not getting upgrades, b!tching about devaluations.

And the United forum must he hell for you. Bunch of over-entitled million milers going on and on crying about losing the benefits they were promised, complaining about Smisek selling their upgrades to blue-cards.

All of FlyerTalk must be one big pile of 'just the same crap.'

Hate to cross-post, but you started it!