FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Laptop left in T5 Concorde Room
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2013, 7:20 am
NYLON Boy
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by gbogo
Concorde Room, 7:15am, last monday (Easter Bank Holiday, so perhaps only 20 people in whole lounge). Nearest power socket was 30 feet from my seat and I needed to charge up my laptop.... but out of sight, out of mind and I stupidly headed to the Gate, leaving the laptop behind.. Realised what I'd done just before the doors closed, too late to run back from a C gate so asked the cabin crew for help. A phone call to the lounge front desk, I could tell them exactly where it was, barely 10 mins since I left it... But no. "You have to go through lost property". No flexibility.. And no sign of the laptop 4 days later. Has anyone else experienced this? It was so frustrating.. I just wanted someone in the lounge to say "yes. There it is. We'll keep it safe". But no. And now it seems to have vanished. Stolen? Seems so unlikely.. And Lesson learnt: don't get up so early on a Bank Holiday!
Recently did the same stupid thing. BA couldn't have been for helpful: They retrieved it for me and sent a runner to deliver it to me on the aircraft. Probably the most joined-up ground experience I've had on BA, very impressive.

I don't know whose experience is more typical - yours or mine. But I intend never to repeat the experience