View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 13, 12:21 am
Seat2C

Programs: United 1K, Delta Platinum Medallion, Starwood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by grt2106 View Post
Sure, but if you fly enough to maintain status- Delta has by far the best first class from JFK to SFO and JFK to LAX. No comparison, free upgrades if you can swing it on a higher tier.

Maybe I'll go from LAS to LAX, then LAX to JFK... could spread that out a bit and see if I can hit the spending. Still need like 450- which to be honest, might not even happen from those two flights. :\

If I do LAS back to SFO then SFO to LAX I get double points on all those (including for earnings) but I'm just adding time in the air I don't really need. :\
Ah, the crazy games we play to get/keep status.
During a very lean travel year for me while living in the WashDC area, I flew a couple of weekends BWI-DEN-SMF-SFO-LAX-BWI during United's double EQMs in November to assure 1K status for the next year. Departed BWI Saturday at around 6AM and returned appox 25 hours later. Slept on the LAX-BWI redeye. It was worth it for the SWUs alone, not to mention the better treatment for being a 1K.

Have you tried United P.S. JFK to SFO/LAX? I haven't flown that route in quite a while but my impression was that United P.S. beat out all competition. I know that Delta, American, and JetBlue are supposed to be rolling out service comparable to international service on those routes but I didn't think that had occurred yet.