FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - REPORT: Washington DC Hotels Part 1
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2013, 2:10 pm
FlyingDoctorwu

Originally Posted by luxury
The Park Hyatt is in a nice location just outside of Georgetown and is located just South of Dupont Circle, West of the Ritz Carlton Washington DC (literally around the corner) and East of the Four Seasons.

We ended up staying in a Park Executive suite which is a great option for families who want to be in one room as the hotel can place two rollaways in the ample living area for children. There is a powder room upon entry into the suite which leads into a large living room with a 4 seater dining table, two coffee tables fronting a sofa fit for the tallest of NBA players. This is a great sofa! A pocket door leads to an office area which then leads to the bedroom and master bath. The bathroom is closed off from the bedroom by another sliding door and features dual vanities and a walk in closet area. I am not a fan of their Le Labo toiletries.

Door staff were the most attentive to date and service throughout was pleasant and friendly with one notable exception - the service in Blue Duck Tavern and Lounge.

The food was quite good in BDT. The breakfast selection is very good on the buffet (though no smoked salmon). Highlights were the sticky buns and the grits with cheese. Eggs were prepared well if not a little oily. Pastries were okay. The killer was the service -- there are many staff on hand but it seemed as if all players of the orchestra playing the score at their on tempo and whim. The service desperately needed a conductor to keep things moving. Staff would bring made to order egg whites to the table but would not remove the finished plate of my dining partner who was at the buffet getting more food; juice nor water would be re-filled yet someone would come to remove the tea leaves from the tea. Cutlery would not be replaced -- it was quiet surreal.

The Virtuoso amenities are quite good here. Upgrade to Premier Park Deluxe at time of booking; $32 per person per day breakfast credit in Blue Duck Tavern; and $100 Food and Beverage credit once per stay. Hyatt Platinum and Diamond members receive complimentary high speed internet.

Overall, I really enjoyed this property.
Of note, internet is complimentary for all guests here...
and some of the Park Executive suites only have single vanities in the bathroom and lack the office area..

I posted an email to one of the front office managers with some of the grievances from my stay two weeks ago and haven't heard back. I don't think I'll be returning for a paid stay.

FDW