FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No personal income but high household income [UK]
Old Apr 3, 2013, 5:09 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by monkeytennis
We do that already but would like to take advantage of another welcome bonus and companion voucher.
I am really not sure about the welcome bonus! In my opinion your wife will get the welcome bonus only if she had't been an additional cardholder before.

So if I would be you I would read the terms and conditions of the welcome bonus twice in order to avoid unneccesarry hassle. If the wife would get a welcome bonus when being an additional cardholder before you could switch the positions every year.

First year: You are cardholder, wife additional holder
Second year: Wife as primary cardholder, cancel your own card, apply for additional card
Third year: Change again: You as primary cardholder and so on.

So I *think* but not knowing exactly that you won't be able to "cash in" another welcome bonus.

Furthermore you just should think about twice the membership fee if you know have one primary cardholder and one additional for a reduced fee.

Sorry that I couldnīt give you a detailed hint due to the fact that I donīt know how much you pay for the additional cardholder and what welcome bonus would be offered.

So a bit of maths is recommended.

Last edited by gum; Apr 3, 2013 at 5:17 am