FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swagbucks [General Questions - no referrals]
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:39 am
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by thelostshark
Looking at the Starbucks rewards, most of them cost the same of amount of Swagbucks (SB) per $ provided on the Starbucks gift card (gc). In other words, it's 500 SB's for a $5 gc; 1000 SB's for a $10 gc, 2500 SB for a $25 gc; 5000 SB for a $50 gc, and 10000 for a $100 gc. There was no incentive to save up for the higher level award (unless you'd reached your max for that award).

However, for a while, they had a bit of a discount on the $25 gc. For a short time they required only a 2450 SB's for the $25 gc. It wasn't much of a discount, but it was better than nothing, so I was planning on saving for it. But the discount is gone now.

Do these things come and go? I have enough SB's for a $5 gc, and if the discount isn't likely to come back, I might as well just get the $5 gc. Thx tls
I've never saved up for awards, and redeem as soon as I hit the $5 level for Amazon.com gift cards. I figure that the potential for a discount on a higher level is countered by the potential for them to increase costs.