FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - living in Vancouver, Canada - Looking for advices, tips and a few websites
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:12 am
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by babydiams
I look into the alaska air credit card... it seems Canadians cannot apply for it.
But i have a question regarding the companion ticket.. does it mean if i buy a ticket to go to australia and that would cost 1500$ for example. My companion can have her ticket for 100$?
it s my first time i come accross the annual companion ticket concept.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, babydiams!

We most definitely can get the Alaska credit card, I have 2, my husband has 1. They have a Canadian MasterCard as well as the US versions. Go to the AS website and look under credit cards, then look for the Canadian Mastercard tab. But the companion certificate is only good on AS metal, which is fine with me as I fly AS a lot. It is very useful for a trip to Hawaii, for example, whether from YVR or BLI. There are tons of threads on it, try the AS forum or the Credit Card forum.

But I also have 2 US credit cards and am working my way to more, all from info I found here, mostly on the Credit Cards forums. Take a few days, do some heavy reading and you will find a huge wealth of info here. I almost went blind my first couple of months here reading everything I could. Then asking questions specific to what I needed. I have only been a posting member for 4 months (previous long time lurker) but I am a million miles from where I started ('scuse the pun)

Edit: Here is the link from the AS site (click on Canada Mastercard tab): https://www.applyonlinenow.com/us/al...3697861-551623

Last edited by Finkface; Mar 30, 2013 at 11:20 am Reason: Edited to add link.