FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX722 28 March a little tale
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2013, 3:04 am
Engineering Travel

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by percysmith
Mr Percy
so there will be no flight and now we are trying to book hotels in Guangzhou for you as soon as possible” - okay. This is something unacceptable for a China-experienced captain to say e.g. it'll be pretty stupid if this came out of a KA captain's mouth. But not all CX pilots fly China so all I can say he was a bit naive here, but not as far as to say he's lying to placate passengers.

The hotels are not all full, but inaccessible to almost all passengers (see last comment).
After talking with some experienced ground staff, they informed me that CX are not allowed to disembark passengers at CAN as they have no agreement, also I suspected that there would be issues with persons not having PRC entry visas, which would be another reason passengers for passengers not allowed off. - even for those with valid PRC re-entry permits like me, I won't take it to a non-PRC place like KUL. Probably the whole plane (save non-HK PRC passport holders) cannot enter into Guangzhou city for hotels!

Just 2 points here ,
1, I seriously would not believe an Antipodean pilot flying for CX, would not have some knowledge of Chinese immigration. But he/she does have much more important things to worry about
2, I'm fine have 12 month multi entry Visa, not sure what would have happened if the question was asked "who is eligible for entry to PRC, if you posses correct documentation you may stay in a nice hotel this evening". So obviously in that respective, everyone stays on-board.

Anyway it happened, I move on.

I wont mention about my missed connection we are not allowed to say they handled it well on this site are we?