FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX722 28 March a little tale
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2013, 1:58 am
Engineering Travel

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by percysmith
Exemplery. I rather have a verbose captain in times like these even if some of his messages were off (rather than a tight-lipped captain who won't say anything until it's already occurred). You should send in a commendation email for the flight and cabin crew regardless you know better than them (sounds like the captain isn't as knowledgeable about China immigration practice as us, but then again he wasn't expecting to have to fly there).
In other similar situations I have had honesty from the flight crew, but that was with 3 other airlines and one was Chinese.

I am full of praise for the cabin crew and will write a letter, as for the flight crew, whilst I acknowledge they had a difficult job, I believe in honesty and expect that from a person in such a position and they should be supported by CX in that respect. Not sure I would be happy to use CX so much now that MH are in Oneworld and cover some routes I use. At least I have the reason to try their product.

But thanks for your comments, interesting points.

If only access to cock pit voice recordings for the communication from CX722 to HQ was available...